Here are the top five skincare purchases that I’ve made in the last month or so.
1. Antipodes Divine Face Oil
This one is an old favourite that I picked up during the Priceline 40% off skincare sale. Face oils are products I recommend to people because they’re easy to use, contain great ingredients, and give you an instant glow. It’s 2016 and we shouldn’t be afraid of using beautiful rosehip oils to promote lovely skin.
2. Grown Alchemist Deep Cleansing Facial Masque
I fell in love with this back in 2013 and since then, my Grown Alchemist reviews have also been your favourite posts. I finally bought it again after sampling other masks which were good, but not good enough for the price. What sets this one apart:
- It doesn’t crack when it dries down, so I can carry on drinking a cuppa without having flaky bits fall into my tea
- You can leave it on for longer and there are no side effects
- It is so gentle on the skin
- My face feels refined and clean; the red patches around my nose are slightly toned down
- It accelerates the process of fighting breakouts and makes a spot treatment work more effectively
It’s interesting that two years after first trying this mask, I’m still finding it to work as well as it did back then – perhaps even a touch better! Basically, I don’t see myself straying from this mask because it’s reliable, affordable and does what it says on the tube!
3. Formula 10.0.6 Rescue Me! Acne Blemish Treatment
I got this one for my brother to try out and after he raved about how good it was, I had to give it a go. I must say I’m impressed! This treatment doesn’t dry out your skin at all. On a good day, dabbing a tiny bit of this onto a red spot at night turns it white by the next morning so I can gently remove the whitehead with the steam from a hot cloth.
4. Avène Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream
Accidental sunburns happen when we miss spots when applying sunscreen, or find that it won’t stay put when you sweat all day – sorry nose! My dear friend came to my rescue and suggested that I try Cicalfate because aloe vera and moisturisers were not enough to make my skin normal again. So I rubbed this thick cream onto my dry patches whenever I needed to, and they continued to peel for a few more days, only to reveal new skin that was here to stay. Before, the peeling wouldn’t stop and it got ridiculous. I was applying my regular creams in vain until I got Cicalfate, my miracle worker!
5. Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Buttercream
This is the ultimate summer moisturiser for your body. What a hit of lime! I’ve been using this non-stop for the past month and I will probably get the other Sugar Crush products to turn my bathroom into a heavenly retreat. Take a whiff of this next time you’re at Mecca Maxima and thank me later.
Have you tried any of these products?