Some of the best days are those that are unplanned.
This year, I want to be less anxious about the future and instead, to focus on what feels right in the moment. I am choosing to be more spontaneous and to say yes to exciting things; to not turn them down due to the fear that something bad might happen.
On Wednesday, I agreed to go to on a two hour trip to Palm Beach with some friends and managed to get to work in the afternoon without feeling incredibly tired. I was originally a bit apprehensive, but forced myself to go out. It would’ve been easier to politely decline, but then I would’ve missed out on a great time!
Saying yes can be difficult, but after reading Tuesdays with Morrie and noting down some thought-provoking quotes, I have felt the need to live existentially. For me, that means:
- Being the boss of my life and refusing to let anyone dull my sparkle – take the reins
- Choosing to be happy
- Doing things that enrich my life
- Learning from all the people I meet and hoping a bit of their wisdom rubs off
- Also, seeing work as a meaningful learning experience that will help me with my future career(s)
- Accepting love
- Always being true to myself
- Being optimistic and seeing the good in what appears to be a negative situation (I’ve definitely improved over the years!)
For me, each year gets better and I know that 2016 is going to be an interesting, challenging and rewarding year.
I hope you feel the same way!