… Is one where you’re up at 8am brewing masala chai. The house is quiet and you’re listening to music that puts you in a positive frame of mind.
I love these mornings because I know I won’t be disturbed, and when life gets very stressful I can count on these moments to energise me. I can sing and dance while my tea brews – how’s that for meditation?
The Morning Playlist:
How To Make One Cup of Chai:
- Scoop out 1-1.5 teaspoons of loose leaf chai and add it to your small pot. The one from T2 is my holy grail!
- Add 1 cup of boiling water and 1/2 cup of milk.
- Add honey to taste, I don’t like it too sweet so about 1 tablespoon is perfect.
- Add a splash of rosewater for an even more complex drink.
- Simmer the chai mixture on the lowest heat for about 15 minutes and stir occasionally. After many trials, I’ve realised that a very low heat is the key to making this taste the best. If it boils, a light brown film starts to appear on the surface and is quite annoying.
- Strain and enjoy!
Trust me, it’s worth the effort.
What are your favourite ways to start the day?