The end of week 11 means there are two more weeks of the semester to go, and another week closer to my final exams. Anyway, this week was eventful with the raging bushfires yesterday and can you believe it’s only spring!
I’m not sure whether I like experiencing a rapid change of seasons within the space of a week, but a cool start led me to San Churro for my favourite chocolate drink – Azteca magic in a mug. Sinful for your thighs but I’m a bit of a hedonist when it comes to food, as if you didn’t already know that.
After a walk along Glebe Point Road, you will find yourself near the bridge entrance to the Broadway shops. I had the $11 lunch special at Tomodachi – salmon don with a small bowl of miso soup, which was great value.
At Well Connected Cafe, while I did not identify as a vegan I still chose to give their vegan tofu plate a try… and didn’t like it. I assumed the bread was Sonoma but it was not fresh, that being the disappointment. It would’ve been nice to have an appropriate spread to counteract the dryness of the tofu mix. And speaking of that, although it was supposed to be a bunch of vegetarian ingredients, I couldn’t pinpoint what I was eating and it tasted so foreign to me. Not sure if this gives a good indication of a vegan meal, but I won’t be eating vegan ever again, not that I was ever going to change from my omnivorous ways! Onto other things, the cafe itself had a reasonably nice atmosphere and service was quick. However, one waitress gave off a cold attitude because I took 9 minutes to start making my order. Otherwise, I’d return to this cafe and hopefully next time feel a greater connection to the food and place.
This blueberry danish from La Banette Pâtisserie was on a class of its own. I haven’t tasted anything so crisp and fresh before! Thinking about it makes me want it again, despite being $4. If uni is this close to heaven, it’s likely I’ll die of a sugar overdose before I even graduate.
- Two Door Cinema Club – Do You Want It All?
- 2 Chainz ft. Fergie – Netflix
- The Script – If You Could See Me Now
- Fitz and the Tantrums – Out of My League
- The Fray – Love Don’t Die
- The Strypes – What A Shame
Beauty favourite Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Cheers
Fashion favourite Denim and multi-coloured florals
Favourite TV scenes
- American Horror Story Coven episode 2 when Queenie tells us how she got into the academy and the following line was just so her. With that much spunk and attitude, she is such a fun character!
Look, pencil dick, I’m not stupid.
- The ending to The Vampire Diaries season 5 episode 3 which I loved so much that I posted it on Facebook and Tumblr. Damon on destiny and free will… how can you not fall in love with the bad guy who does a 180 for a girl? Keep dreaming, Lauren.
No one tells me how I live my life, no one tells me who I love. Especially not some vindictive prehistoric witch, and definitely not the universe. And I’m not gonna let someone else’s idea of destiny stop me from loving you, or being with you, or building a future with you, because… you are my life.
Have a great weekend everyone!