I honestly don’t like the sound of Western “BB Creams” anymore because they’re merely tinted moisturisers with benefits. Some vitamins and minerals here and there don’t elevate them to the status of a ‘BB Cream’. I’ve tried Garnier Skin Naturals BB Cream Oil Free, Maybelline Dream Fresh, L’Oreal Nude Magique and Rimmel’s BB Cream – all of them have disappointed me. Fortunately, I tend to go without tinted moisturiser and opt for concealer whenever I go out, so BB cream isn’t necessary on a day-to-day basis. When I was sent Nivea’s Daily Essentials BB Cream in Light, I was eager to try it because the brand usually never fails me.
- Nivea BB Cream has a nice, light fragrance. Coverage is so sheer, when I blend the product out, it seems as if it’s not there. Basically it covers nothing. It does have a matte effect but with combination skin, I’d have to powder over it.
- As mentioned before, it has ultra sheer coverage.
- I didn’t find that it illuminates [my] complexion, it’s more of a flat colour with no glowy effect on the skin.
- The light texture allows it to absorb quickly.
- Added SPF is nice but it’s not adequate for Australian consumers who live in a country with notorious sunshine.
- Once I put this on my face, I noticed the brown/orange patch of colour it left. With my pale, Asian skintone it did not look good.
- Highlights dry parts on my skin so you’d need to prime beforehand. Just check that it doesn’t oxidise crazily when worn with another product!
Final thoughts: Nivea, go sort this one out and make it awesome before you introduce it to the Aussie market.
How have people in the UK reacted to this product?