We all know a good thing never goes out of style, so it’s no wonder this bambi eyed, bouncy locked look is copied all over. While graphic eyeliner, white in the waterline and deliberately clumped lashes might not be suitable for running errands, you can opt for a subtle winged eye and nude-coral lips to channel your inner 60’s siren.
The Bardot-esque tousled hair:
1. Section some hair at the top of your crown and spray it with dry shampoo (Batiste dry shampoo in Wild is great, $10).
2. Using a fine toothed comb or teasing brush, take chunks and tease gently. Pushing the hair once on each side from a few inches up is enough to avoid a massive pouf. Mist with a strong hold hairspray (try Sunsilk Co-Creations Perfect Hold hairspray, $5.79), lightly smooth it down and pin in place.
3. Grab a 32-38mm curling iron and start curling sections of hair to create loose waves. Try curling the front pieces towards your face to frame it.
4. Now you have a few options. Either leave everything down, tie it up into a bouncy pony or make a side pony tail.
The relatively natural makeup look:
1. After applying your base, take a black gel eyeliner (Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner, $16.95) and draw on your wings however dramatic as you like them.
2. Trace over that line using a black eyeshadow to set the gel.
3. Curl lashes and put on lashings of mascara on the top and bottom lashes. If you aren’t naturally blessed with voluminous lashes, go for some falsies such as the Eylure Naturalities Volume Plus 100 set, $12.99.
4. Take a white or nude eyeliner and rim your waterline for that mod look. I like Rimmel London ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in nude, $9.95.
5. For the lips, go natural with a matte light pink or muted coral shade.
Hope you have fun recreating these looks!